Monday 25 April 2011

Fabric folding.

You'd think I'd know the drill by now wouldn't you. Instead of being really pleased with myself and what I have achieved in a week I should be prepared for the inevitable setback that always follows. That might sound pessimistic but honestly it's the optimist in me that never sees it coming.


On the lead up to a craft fair I like to set myself some targets. I rarely meet them, but then I think that's because I keep hoping an extra few hours in the day will suddenly materialise. Where's H.G. Wells and his time machine when you need them? 
I had been working pretty close to target last week, well at the beginning of the week anyway. Here are a few of the bags I made 






Unfortunately by Thursday my progress started to resemble my figure, in other words it went pear shaped!
A couple of extra shifts at the charity shop to cover volunteers on holiday took me away from my workroom, and although I had every intention of putting in some hours in the evening I'm afraid while the spirit was willing the body was weak. A small glass of wine and a snuggle on the couch was all I could muster (yes I feel guilty , but only slightly). 

There would be no chance of recovering that time as I try hard not to work at the weekend. It can be such a temptation when you work for your self, but with each month that passes I am ever more conscious of the dwindling weekends left together before my boy's are off doing their own things. Plenty of time then for me to fill. So I did as little as possible on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't even have the Easter egg hunt to arrange since I was reliably informed that they were 'too big' for that kind of thing. (I think that might have been a bit of retaliation for discovering the Lindt Bunny con I had been pulling on them for years, but that's another story).
  

I did indulge in a little fabric flower folding in the evening though, just to have something to do with my hands. First were the brooches..... 


.......then I decided to see if I could make them smaller.........


.......then I got a bit carried away with myself.........


Ahem! Not quite what I had planned at the beginning of the week, but definitely more relaxing :o) 

2 comments:

Starfish Studio said...

Love the brooches - never seen anything quite like them before!

gtlady said...

Love it all, you are so neat and I am so jealous!
Good luck with the craft fair too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...